Saturday, August 1, 2009

Les Champs Elysees


Finally got to sleep in until 9 this morning, but the smelly old french guy from Martinique was mumbling and came in from breakfast all loud and grumpy and ruined everything. Had a good start to the day, I am a pro metro rider now, Parisians have it good! It is very easy to get wherever you want in the city under 20 mins, and they are always on time. I arrived 10 minutes later at the Arc De Triomphe with a beautiful view as soon as you walk up the steps from the tube. I had brunch right on Les Champs Elysees with a nice view of the flagship Louis Vuitton Store (aka mecca) and spent over an hour just looking at all the cool stuff they have there, that you can't find at any other store. It. Was. Amazing. Also along the Boulevard they have all the fancy Auto Dealerships where you can check out all the nice cars so I had an excellent afternoon. I hopped into Nike Paris, which is HUGE, it has a full ID department where you can customize your shoes on the spot, as well as a doctor who can do x-rays and show you where you might be having problems and what Nike shoe is right for you. It was pretty cool. I also saw the limited edition Anaconda and Crocodile air force ones that they had on display. One of a 100, handmade in Italy from scratch and 1800 Euros for a pair, if there were any left to buy, this pair was behind glass. It was beautiful, I don't think I need to go see the Mona Lisa anymore, my trip has been fulfilled. Until next time, Bon Soir!

No comments:

Post a Comment